By accepting this quote, you agree to the following conditions:
- Quality of Work
At a minimum the work will comply with
- the building code of Australia, to the extent required under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979
- all other relevant codes, standards and specifications that the work is required to comply with under any law
- the conditions of any relevant development consent or complying development certificate.
- Statutory Warranties required by the Home Building Act 1989
- the work will be performed in a proper and workmanlike manner and in accordance with the plans and specifications set out in the contract,
- all materials supplied by the holder or person will be good and suitable for the purpose for which they are used and that, unless otherwise stated in the contract, those materials will be new,
- the work will be done in accordance with, and will comply with, this or any other law,
- the work will be done with due diligence and within the time stipulated in the contract, or if no time is stipulated, within a reasonable time,
- if the work consists of the construction, alteration, renovation of a dwelling, the work will result, to the extent of the work conducted, in a dwelling that is reasonably fit for occupation as a dwelling,
- the work and any materials used in doing the work will be reasonably fit for the specified purpose or result, if the person for whom the work is done expressly makes known to the holder of the contractor licence or person required to hold a contractor licence, or another person with express or apparent authority to enter into or vary contractual arrangements on behalf of the holder or person, the particular purpose for which the work is required or the result that the owner desires the work to achieve, so as to show that the owner relies on the holder’s or person’s skill and judgment.
- Variations to the contract
Any agreement to vary the contract:
- are taken to form part of the contract
- must be in writing and signed by both the home owner and contractor.
- Time for completion
The work must be completed by the completion date. A reasonable extension of time will be allowed in the event of delays that are caused by factors beyond the control of Savvy Solutions Plumbing.
- Cooling off period
For contracts over $12 000, the home owner is entitled to a cooling off period of 5 days after signing the contract. If work begins before the 5 days after signing is up (with the owner’s consent) and the owner does not wish to proceed with the job in its entirety, the home owner will be required to part of the contract that has been completed.
The contractor may require a 10% deposit prior to work commencing for work costing $20 000 or less and a 5% deposit for work costing more than $20 000.
- Payment terms
By signing this contract, the home owner agrees to pay the total price stated on this contract immediately for jobs costing $5000 or less and within 7 days for jobs costing $5000 or more. Any other Payment terms must be agreed to in writing prior to work commencing.
Progress payments may be required on jobs costing more than $5000. An invoice will be issued after a stage is completed representing payment for that stage (and no more). Payment will be required before further stages begin. Any progress payments required will be stated in the quotation/contract.
Invoices not paid within the stated terms will be subject to administration and loss of revenue charges (up to 3% of invoice total). These will be added to the balance owed, every 30 days after the invoice date. After 60 days, Savvy Solutions Plumbing may choose to refer the debt to a debt collection agency. Charges covering the agency’s fees will be added to the invoice in addition those outlined above (this can be up to 30% of the invoice cost).